writeOGR layer options for the KML driver?

writeOGR layer options for the KML driver?

MacQueen, Don
Hi,

Where can I find documentation for available layer_options (if any) for the writeOGR KML driver?

Specifically, I want to be able to specify the line color when writing a SpatialLines or SpatialLinesDataFrame object to a KML file for viewing in Google Earth.
(also specifyng a fill color and fill transparency would be nice, but I can certainly do without it)

I see that the plotKML package has a kml() function. I'll send a separate email asking for assistance with it.

Thanks
-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
7000 East Ave., L-627
Livermore, CA 94550
925-423-1062

Re: writeOGR layer options for the KML driver?

On Fri, 4 Aug 2017, MacQueen, Don wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Where can I find documentation for available layer_options (if any) for
> the writeOGR KML driver?

http://www.gdal.org/drv_kml.html

for the KML driver,

http://www.gdal.org/drv_libkml.html

for the LIBKML driver. I an uncertain about their ability to do what you
need.

Roger

Editor-in-Chief of The R Journal, https://journal.r-project.org/index.html
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2392-6140