variogramCloud to gstatVariogram in gstat

variogramCloud to gstatVariogram in gstat

Benjamin Hemingway
Hello,

I am computing the variogram from points measured along profiles. I do not
want to compute the variogram from pairs of points belonging to the same
profile. To accomplish this I am iterating through each point and computing
the variogram cloud, keeping only the point pairs that I want. However, I
would like to plot the sample variogram and fit a model to it using only
the point pairs in my final variogramCloud data frame.

Is there an elegant way to convert a variogramCloud data frame to a
gstatVariogram data frame?

Ben

Re: variogramCloud to gstatVariogram in gstat

edzer
Not elegant, but this might work:

x # is your variogramCloud
x$np = 1
class(x) = c("gstatVariogram", "data.frame")

On 10/1/19 8:20 PM, Benjamin Hemingway wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am computing the variogram from points measured along profiles. I do not
> want to compute the variogram from pairs of points belonging to the same
> profile. To accomplish this I am iterating through each point and computing
> the variogram cloud, keeping only the point pairs that I want. However, I
> would like to plot the sample variogram and fit a model to it using only
> the point pairs in my final variogramCloud data frame.
>
> Is there an elegant way to convert a variogramCloud data frame to a
> gstatVariogram data frame?
>
> Ben

Institute for Geoinformatics
Heisenbergstrasse 2, 48151 Muenster, Germany
Phone: +49 251 8333081

pEpkey.asc (3K) Download Attachment