spgwr's gwr.whole.test's error on rw1090

spgwr's gwr.whole.test's error on rw1090

hi_ono2001
Hello.

 I've tried to run example(gwr.whole.test).

 I've got following errors.

gwr.whole.test(col.gauss)
Test of GWR model called as:
gwr(formula = crime ~ income + housing, data = columbus, coords =
cbind(columbus$x,
    columbus$y), bandwidth = col.bw)

        Shapiro-Wilk normality test

data:  crime
W = 0.9722, p-value = 0.2956

Brunsdon, Fotheringham & Charlton (1999) ANOVA table
Error: 'print.coefmat' is defunct.
See ?Defunct.
In addition: Warning messages:
1: package 'mva' has been merged into 'stats'
2: NA/Inf replaced by maximum positive value
3: package 'ctest' has been merged into 'stats'

 Could you teach me how to resolve this?

 Regards.

spgwr's gwr.whole.test's error on rw1090

Danlin Yu-2
Hi, Hisaji ONO:

    I think the error message actually just indicates that the function
print.coefmat() that has been called in the gwr.whole.test() is no longer
part of R (you can find this infomation by using ?Defunct in R).
    From the ?Defunct you can also find that the print.coefmat() function
is an older name for 'printCoefmat' with a different default for
'na.print'. I therefore replaced all the print.coefmat in the source code
of spgwr with printCoefmat, and the program gives the correct responses.
    Wish this help.

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Hisaji ONO wrote:

> Hello.
>
>  I've tried to run example(gwr.whole.test).
>
>  I've got following errors.
>
> gwr.whole.test(col.gauss)
> Test of GWR model called as:
> gwr(formula = crime ~ income + housing, data = columbus, coords =
> cbind(columbus$x,
>     columbus$y), bandwidth = col.bw)
>
>         Shapiro-Wilk normality test
>
> data:  crime
> W = 0.9722, p-value = 0.2956
>
> Brunsdon, Fotheringham & Charlton (1999) ANOVA table
> Error: 'print.coefmat' is defunct.
> See ?Defunct.
> In addition: Warning messages:
> 1: package 'mva' has been merged into 'stats'
> 2: NA/Inf replaced by maximum positive value
> 3: package 'ctest' has been merged into 'stats'
>
>  Could you teach me how to resolve this?
>
>  Regards.

    Sincerely,
    Danlin Yu

----------------------------------
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Geography
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Tel: (414)229-5818
Fax: (414)229-3981
Email: danlinyu at uwm.edu

spgwr's gwr.whole.test's error on rw1090

Danlin Yu-2
Hi, Hisaji ONO:
    Just an add-on. Since the warning message indicates that package 'mva'
and 'ctest' have been merged into 'stats', when you are altering the
source code, you can also replace all 'mva' and 'ctest' with 'stats'.

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Hisaji ONO wrote:

> Hello.
>
>  I've tried to run example(gwr.whole.test).
>
>  I've got following errors.
>
> gwr.whole.test(col.gauss)
> Test of GWR model called as:
> gwr(formula = crime ~ income + housing, data = columbus, coords =
> cbind(columbus$x,
>     columbus$y), bandwidth = col.bw)
>
>         Shapiro-Wilk normality test
>
> data:  crime
> W = 0.9722, p-value = 0.2956
>
> Brunsdon, Fotheringham & Charlton (1999) ANOVA table
> Error: 'print.coefmat' is defunct.
> See ?Defunct.
> In addition: Warning messages:
> 1: package 'mva' has been merged into 'stats'
> 2: NA/Inf replaced by maximum positive value
> 3: package 'ctest' has been merged into 'stats'
>
>  Could you teach me how to resolve this?
>
>  Regards.

    Sincerely,
    Danlin Yu

----------------------------------
Email: danlinyu at uwm.edu

spgwr's gwr.whole.test's error on rw1090

hi_ono2001
Thank you very much, Mr. Yu.

 It works correctly.

>     Just an add-on. Since the warning message indicates that package 'mva'
> and 'ctest' have been merged into 'stats', when you are altering the
> source code, you can also replace all 'mva' and 'ctest' with 'stats'.
>

>     I think the error message actually just indicates that the function
> print.coefmat() that has been called in the gwr.whole.test() is no longer
> part of R (you can find this infomation by using ?Defunct in R).
>     From the ?Defunct you can also find that the print.coefmat() function
> is an older name for 'printCoefmat' with a different default for
> 'na.print'. I therefore replaced all the print.coefmat in the source code
> of spgwr with printCoefmat, and the program gives the correct responses.

latest & former spdep win32 bainary unavailable in CRAN

hi_ono2001
Hi.

 Currently, spdep is  unavailable in CRAN.

 When will this situation be resolved?

 Regards.

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Hisaji ONO wrote:

> Hi.
>
>  Currently, spdep is  unavailable in CRAN.
>
>  When will this situation be resolved?

I am told that it will be resolved after useR! 2004 - the automatic
generation of Windows binaries was defeated by the simultaneous updating
of both maptools and spdep. I can try to put up interim versions on my own
server from Vienna tomorrow, but I think Uwe Ligges, who does an excellent
and difficult jib supporting us with W32 binaries, will fix this on Monday
or latest Tuesday CET.

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no

latest & former spdep win32 bainary unavailable inCRAN

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Hisaji ONO wrote:

> Hi.
>
>  Currently, spdep is  unavailable in CRAN.

I have been working with the Windows package build expert Uwe Ligges, and
we hope things will now stabilise - a new source package for spdep
(0.2-18) is now on CRAN, and we will see how tonight's automatic build for
Windows goes. Note that older versions are preserved under the R release
number directories, in a directory called "last", so that the Windows
binary for 0.2-12 is at:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/1.8/last/spdep_0.2-12.zip

The check status of Windows binaries is tabulated on:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/checkSummaryWin.html

with links to information if there are problems. Uwe and I hope that this
issue has been resolved, but it has been very difficult to find with
certainty.

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no

spgwr package alpha (depends on sp) on sourceforge

Partly as a response to the discussion between Hisaji Ono and Danlin Yu,
and partly because Danlin has made lots of helpful contributions of ideas
and code, source packages and Windows binary packages for sp and spgwr are
now available on:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/r-spatial/

spgwr implements some of the methods used in Geographically Weighted
Regression (Stewart Fotheringham, Chris Brunsdon, Martin Charlton, 2002,
Wiley), but the implementations are not authoritative, and are intended
for exploring the potential of the proposed methods.

Remember to install sp first - spgwr depends on it!

Documentation is incomplete, please look at the examples or in function
code for further information; this will improve. Anybody have nice
examples that we can use?

The sp release notes are: Minor modifications to package - please note
this is still alpha, and any production work objects must also be stored
in externally readable formats, because the slots in the classes can
change!

The spgwr notes: This very early alpha package builds on earlier work and
major contributions by Danlin Yu, and provides both GWR functions, the
Georgia data set from the GWR bo ok, and is at the same time a testbed for
using the S4 classes from the sp packa ge in an analytical setting. As
mentioned, this is a trial release, and both obj ect formats and the way
results are calculated will change - store all important data in
externally retrievable formats!

Please pass comments to me as package maintainer, input is very welcome!

Roger Bivand

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no