reading Geoconcept files ?

Jean-Luc Dupouey-2
Dear all,

is it possible to read Geoconcept files (.gcm and .GCR) in R?
ogrDrivers()$name indicates that a Geoconcept driver exists, but I was
not able to read any data. I get a "Cannot open data source" error:

 > ogrDrivers()[ogrDrivers()$name=="Geoconcept",]
          name  long_name write  copy isVector
11 Geoconcept Geoconcept  TRUE FALSE     TRUE

 > list.files(path=".",pattern="nvcarte.*")
[1] "nvcarte.GCM" "nvcarte.GCR"

 > readOGR(dsn=".",layer="nvcarte")
Error in ogrInfo(dsn = dsn, layer = layer, encoding = encoding,
use_iconv = use_iconv,  :
   Cannot open data source

Did anyone successfully use this driver? What is the syntax?

Thank you for your help,

Jean-Luc Dupouey

--
INRA
Forest Ecology and Ecophysiology Unit

Re: reading Geoconcept files ?

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017, Jean-Luc Dupouey wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> is it possible to read Geoconcept files (.gcm and .GCR) in R?
> ogrDrivers()$name indicates that a Geoconcept driver exists, but I was not
> able to read any data. I get a "Cannot open data source" error:

See:

http://www.gdal.org/drv_geoconcept.html

and note that it only supports *.gxt or *.txt formats. For these, try
ogrListLayers() first on the file name as dsn=.

Roger

Editor-in-Chief of The R Journal, https://journal.r-project.org/index.html
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2392-6140