read the .nc file and obtain the vector data of a region

read the .nc file and obtain the vector data of a region

hnstedu
Hi, dear friend,
I have download the surface PM2.5 data provided in  NetCDF [.nc] file (http://fizz.phys.dal.ca/~atmos/martin/?page_id=140).
My goal is to obtain the PM2.5 data of various provinces in China using this nc file. I know wo can employ the "ncdf4" package
to load the nc file in R. However, I have no idea to obtain the corresponding data of one region (e.g. China Provinces).
Any idea?

Thanks very much !

Bests,
wanhaiyou

Re: read the .nc file and obtain the vector data of a region

Andres Diaz
There are some packages like gdal or the overlay/extract function of sp
that can help you. The most important is to open the information and once
you have the matrix (of the data) if you have the positions in the matrix
which correspond to your geographical units (china) you can extract only
those pixels/positions.

All the best,

Andres