points in shape file

Susumu Tanimura-2
Hi, there.

Import of point data in shape file seems to be fine with maptools.
There is no problem to plot the points with plot(Map.object), but I do
not know how to extract xy coordinates of points from Map.object for
overlying on another polygon map.

Thank you

points in shape file

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Susumu Tanimura wrote:

> Hi, there.
>
> Import of point data in shape file seems to be fine with maptools.
> There is no problem to plot the points with plot(Map.object), but I do
> not know how to extract xy coordinates of points from Map.object for
> overlying on another polygon map.

Map2points() ?

The function returns a matrix with a maplim attribute for its bounding
box, and class "Mappoints".

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no

points in shape file

Susumu Tanimura
Hi, Roger Bivand

> Map2points()?

Thank you for reply. It works fine, even though I could not find
Map2points in help(package="maptools"). Thank you.

--
Susumu