overlap between HR and polygon (adehabitat)

overlap between HR and polygon (adehabitat)

chirleu
Hello.
I'm estimating some home ranges using the kernelUD function in adehabitatHR.
For each individual, I want to estimate the degree of overlap between the
home range (kernel 95%) and a SpatialPolygonsDataFrame which corresponds to
a protected area. Basically I want to know the degree of protection of each
animal.

Is this something I can do in adehabitatHR as well?

Thank you

David

Re: overlap between HR and polygon (adehabitat)

Roman Luštrik
If I understand your question, you are after functionality of `rgeos`
package. You can calculate the intersection (gIntersection) between the two
areas and calculate area using `gArea`.

Cheers,
Roman

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 1:05 PM, David Villegas Ríos <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello.
> I'm estimating some home ranges using the kernelUD function in
> adehabitatHR.
> For each individual, I want to estimate the degree of overlap between the
> home range (kernel 95%) and a SpatialPolygonsDataFrame which corresponds to
> a protected area. Basically I want to know the degree of protection of each
> animal.
>
> Is this something I can do in adehabitatHR as well?
>
> Thank you
>
> David

In God we trust, all others bring data.

Re: overlap between HR and polygon (adehabitat)

chirleu
This is what I was looking for, thanks Roman!

David