output gstat and maps

Marcelo Bruno-3
Hi, members

I'm Marcelo, oceanographer from Brazil
and actually work with fishery acoustical data
of brazilian shelf. I'm using R, GMT, ArcView (windows)
in Linux redhat 9.0 (Athlon Xp 1.6Ghz, 20Gb 540mb mem).
I run kriging analysis using gstat (R1.8.1) in
fishery acoustic data:

x     y     sa (backscatering acoustic parameter)

the output is ordinary kriging surface.
I need overlap these output to a map of
Brazil coastal shelf and slope but i don't
make this. I have a file (ascii) of Brazil coastal,
and shapefile. Someone can helps me with this
problem? I try in gimp, kpaint and others but i
need a better solution to learn more in R.

Thanks in advance!
Marcelo

output gstat and maps

ernesto-4
Hi Marcelo,

If you have everything on the same coordenate system you can just plot
the Brasilian coast with plot(..., type="l") and add kriging surface
with points or something similar.

Hope this helps

EJ

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 15:27, Marcelo Bruno wrote:

> Hi, members
>
> I'm Marcelo, oceanographer from Brazil
> and actually work with fishery acoustical data
> of brazilian shelf. I'm using R, GMT, ArcView (windows)
> in Linux redhat 9.0 (Athlon Xp 1.6Ghz, 20Gb 540mb mem).
> I run kriging analysis using gstat (R1.8.1) in
> fishery acoustic data:
>
> x     y     sa (backscatering acoustic parameter)
>
> the output is ordinary kriging surface.
> I need overlap these output to a map of
> Brazil coastal shelf and slope but i don't
> make this. I have a file (ascii) of Brazil coastal,
> and shapefile. Someone can helps me with this
> problem? I try in gimp, kpaint and others but i
> need a better solution to learn more in R.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Marcelo

output gstat and maps

Edzer J. Pebesma
Mmm, yeah, the trouble is that R is not a GIS, and
GMT and ArcView are no statistics packages.

I think you can import shapefiles using packages
maptools, and perhaps Rmap (not on CRAN?).
I imaging you can then plot the values with

image(values.krige)

and add polygons to the plot with the plot
commands in maptools, using the add=TRUE
argument.

levelplot, which I like much more because it
draws a legend, can currently not do this
easily (i.e., without customizing panel functions);
has anyone looked into this?
--
Edzer

Marcelo Bruno wrote:

> Hi, members
>
> I'm Marcelo, oceanographer from Brazil
> and actually work with fishery acoustical data
> of brazilian shelf. I'm using R, GMT, ArcView (windows)
> in Linux redhat 9.0 (Athlon Xp 1.6Ghz, 20Gb 540mb mem).
> I run kriging analysis using gstat (R1.8.1) in
> fishery acoustic data:
>
> x     y     sa (backscatering acoustic parameter)
>
> the output is ordinary kriging surface.
> I need overlap these output to a map of
> Brazil coastal shelf and slope but i don't
> make this. I have a file (ascii) of Brazil coastal,
> and shapefile. Someone can helps me with this
> problem? I try in gimp, kpaint and others but i
> need a better solution to learn more in R.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Marcelo

RGDAl & Map Algebra or Cartographic Modelling

hi_ono2001
Hi.

 Against images imported by RGDAL, can R execute?Tomlin's Map Algebra or
Cartographic
Modelling(http://mutate.echiron.com/doc_center/library/pcraster/x30.htm)?

 Regards.

RGDAl & Map Algebra or Cartographic Modelling

> Hi.
>
>  Against images imported by RGDAL, can R execute???Tomlin's Map Algebra
> or
> Cartographic
> Modelling(http://mutate.echiron.com/doc_center/library/pcraster/x30.htm)?

Cell by cell operations would work, because then you don't need to know
where you are. Any other operations do need to know, and wouldn't work
without functions being written. Maybe these are best handled in GIS - you
refer to PCRaster, which is downloadable, although closed source, for
Windows. GRASS is a cross-platform alternative, and its r.mapcalc gets you
a long way - my choice would be to write a wrapper to convert the image to
the structure needed to output to a GRASS raster, and do the work there.
Perhaps it would help to be able to create a new GRASS LOCATION from
within R running within GRASS?

Roger

>  Regards.

NHH, Breiviksveien 40, N-5045 Bergen, Norway

RGDAl & Map Algebra or Cartographic Modelling

Edzer J. Pebesma
Name: not available