network analysis indices

Alisa W Coffin
Name: not available

network analysis indices

elijah wright

> I am interested in computing network indices for a road network for my
> dissertation research.  So far, all I have found is standard
> transportation software that can calculate the shortest route and
> overall length.  I would like to find something that can compute indices
> of cyclomatic number, connectivity, vertex accessibility, shape and
> others. These are mostly based on connectivity matrices, so I was
> thinking that R might be very suitable for this purpose.  They were
> published in the transportation literature 40 years ago, but I have as
> yet to find any automation of these calculations.  Anybody have any
> ideas?

maybe you can spin something out of the R SNA (social network analysis)
package?  it works very well for a lot of tasks.

--elijah

network analysis indices

Andy Bunn
> > I am interested in computing network indices for a road network for my
> > dissertation research.  So far, all I have found is standard
> > transportation software that can calculate the shortest route and
> > overall length.  I would like to find something that can
> compute indices
> > of cyclomatic number, connectivity, vertex accessibility, shape and
> > others. These are mostly based on connectivity matrices, so I was
> > thinking that R might be very suitable for this purpose.  They were
> > published in the transportation literature 40 years ago, but I have as
> > yet to find any automation of these calculations.  Anybody have any
> > ideas?
>
> maybe you can spin something out of the R SNA (social network analysis)
> package?  it works very well for a lot of tasks.

In addition to sna there is the Graphical Gaussian Models package (ggm) and
the Directed and Undirected Graphs package (mathgraph).

HTH, Andy