mapview 1.2.0

Tim Salabim
Dear list members,

2 days ago we have released a new version of the mapview package.

Notable new features are:

1. addHomeButton() to add zoom-to-layer buttons to a leaflet map (by
default included mapview calls)
2. addLogo() to add an image to the map canvas, e.g. your
institution's/company's logo (see following tweet for an example with a
dancing banana :-) )

https://twitter.com/TimSalabim3/status/776712613673730048

In addition several bugfixes and some performance improvements for
raster image rendering in plainview().

The full list of changes can be found at
https://github.com/environmentalinformatics-marburg/mapview/blob/master/NEWS
As always, please file bug reports and/or feature requests here:

https://github.com/environmentalinformatics-marburg/mapview/issues

Enjoy!
Tim

--
#####################################
Tim Appelhans

Tel +49 (0) 6421 28-25957

http://environmentalinformatics-marburg.de/

Re: mapview 1.2.0

Bacou, Melanie
Tim,
Both `leaflet` and `tmap` currently offer quick interactive
visualization of geospatial data in R. Does `mapview` provide different
functionality at this point?

https://rstudio.github.io/leaflet/
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/tmap/vignettes/tmap-nutshell.html

Thx, --Mel.

On 9/20/2016 4:11 AM, Tim Appelhans wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> 2 days ago we have released a new version of the mapview package.
>
> Notable new features are:
>
> 1. addHomeButton() to add zoom-to-layer buttons to a leaflet map (by
> default included mapview calls)
> 2. addLogo() to add an image to the map canvas, e.g. your
> institution's/company's logo (see following tweet for an example with
> a dancing banana :-) )
>
> https://twitter.com/TimSalabim3/status/776712613673730048
>
> In addition several bugfixes and some performance improvements for
> raster image rendering in plainview().
>
> The full list of changes can be found at
> https://github.com/environmentalinformatics-marburg/mapview/blob/master/NEWS
> As always, please file bug reports and/or feature requests here:
>
> https://github.com/environmentalinformatics-marburg/mapview/issues
>
> Enjoy!
> Tim

Re: mapview 1.2.0

Bacou, Melanie
Tim,
Thanks for taking the time to lay out some of the key differences. I
look forward to trying these out.

I recall a recent thread on using QGIS canvas in R for quick
visualization as well. Might be worth trying to consolidate some of
these -- all excellent -- projects (?)

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2016-August/024817.html

--Mel.