we are happy to announce that mapview-1.1.0 is now available on CRAN.
This release marks a major update of the package.
Here's the NEWS file:
* addMouseCoordinates: add cursor position information to mapview or
leaflet map. (thanks to Kent Russell).
* if available from leaflet version, a scalebar is added to the map.
* latticeView: view mapview or leaflet maps as small multiples and
sync some, all or none (thanks to Kent Russell).
* sync: synchronise two or more leaflet maps (thanks to Kenton Russell).
* mapshot: to save maps as html page or static image or both.
* knitr integration (i.e. no need to call the @map slot anymore to
render in knitr).
* cubeView: view raster bricks or stacks hovmoeller style, use keys
up & down, left & right, page up & page down to navigate through y, x, z
* labels: if zcol is set, mouseover will now show the repesctive
values of zcol, if zcol is not set moseover shows feature ID. Only
available if suitable leaflet package version is installed.
* new popup functions popupTable, popupGraph and popupImage.
* functions to turn coordinates into spatial lines or spatial polygons.
* mapview objects now work natively on shiny applications (i.e.
renderMapview and mapviewOutput now available).
* "zcol = Var" in combination with burst = TRUE now plots one layer
for each unique value of the variable supplied to zcol.
* spplot method has been removed.
* colors: viridis based colors now default if viridisLite package is
* basemaps: new default basemap is "CartoDB.Positron" as colors of
features are better visible on the grey background.
* layer names now include the name of the object they originate from
(e.g. "meuse lead" instead of "lead").
* if attribute was of class "character" mapview did through an error
if passed to zcol.
* user provided layer names were not respected when zcol was set. See
also note on changes in default layer names.
In addition, the new online documentation is available at: