landmap package, predict method gave an error of memory exhausted

landmap package, predict method gave an error of memory exhausted

Manuel Spínola
Dear list members,

I am fitting an Ensemble Machine Learning with the R package landmap, using
the function train.spLearner, the resulting object is large 2.5 GB, and
when I tried to predict I I got the message of memory exhausted.

I have only 14 points and 23 covariables, in a very small area.

Using R 3.6.1
MacOS, 16GB of ram

pred_co <- predict(m_co)

Error: vector memory exhausted (limit reached?)
Error during wrapup: vector memory exhausted (limit reached?)

--
*Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre

Re: landmap package, predict method gave an error of memory exhausted

Tomislav Hengl-5

Manuel,

Please send me a private message and a copy of your data so I can test
where does the RAM blows up. Is it a classification or regression type
problem?

T. Hengl

On 9/16/19 4:01 PM, Manuel Spínola wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> I am fitting an Ensemble Machine Learning with the R package landmap, using
> the function train.spLearner, the resulting object is large 2.5 GB, and
> when I tried to predict I I got the message of memory exhausted.
>
> I have only 14 points and 23 covariables, in a very small area.
>
> Using R 3.6.1
> MacOS, 16GB of ram
>

> pred_co <- predict(m_co)
>
> Error: vector memory exhausted (limit reached?)
> Error during wrapup: vector memory exhausted (limit reached?)

Re: landmap package, predict method gave an error of memory exhausted

Manuel Spínola
Thank you Tom.  Is a regression type problem.

I will send you a copy of my data.

Manuel