gstat or geoR create variogram with sets of bounding boxes

gstat or geoR create variogram with sets of bounding boxes

Javier Moreira
hi,
im trying to make a variogram that consider a limit made by a bounding box,
but not just one, but dividing the area of the hole set of points in
different subzones (treatments in this case).
I have tried to do so with bounding box in geoR, but i cant do it.
Also, another way its to use anisotropy, but when try to put an alpha
parameter in geostat, doesnt make any change that without it.
bottom line, i have to perform a variogram that includes only the points in
1 direction, or, tell the variogram to limit the surface to a polygon (
several ones)

if any one can help,
thanks

--
Javier Moreira de Souza
Ingeniero Agrónomo

Re: gstat or geoR create variogram with sets of bounding boxes

Dr. Benedikt Gräler
Dear Javier,

if I got you right, you seem to be looking for a "pooled estimation of
within-strata variograms" as the help page on the function "variogram()"
of gstat calls it. At first, define an indicator for each of your points
that identifies the ID of the polygon it belongs to, then include it as
regressor and set dX=0.5:

Try the example below for the meuse data set where only point-pairs of
the same soil type (corresponding to your polygon Ids) are considered
and then a pooled variogram is calculated.

HTH,

  Ben

library(sp)
library(gstat)

data(meuse)
coordinates(meuse) <- ~x+y

spplot(meuse, "zinc")
spplot(meuse, "soil")

vAll <- variogram(zinc~soil, meuse)
plot(vAll)

vWithinSoils <- variogram(zinc~soil, meuse, dX=0.5)
plot(vWithinSoils)

--
Dr. Benedikt Gräler
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH

E-Mail: [hidden email]
Fon: +49-(0)-251/396371-39
Fax: +49-(0)-251/396371-11

http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN

General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849

b_graeler.vcf (435 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: gstat or geoR create variogram with sets of bounding boxes

Javier Moreira
THAT WORK FINE,
THANKS!