geoRglm

Mauricio Mardones Inostroza
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: geoRglm

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021, MAURICIO MARDONES wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> I have some trouble to trying installing library “geoRglm". I guess this is not more in CRAN, but I need it.
> Someone know how install from another repo?

The source package is in the CRAN archive:

https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/geoRglm/

You can install it from source, but:

CRAN repository db overrides:
     corrected despite reminders.

   Several LTO errors.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interprocedural_optimization)

So until the maintainer corrects these errors, or someone initiates a
process to orphan/adopt the package and corrects them, it will not return
to CRAN. It probably still works OK, but is vulnerable to degradation with
modern compilers.

Roger

> Best

Postboks 3490 Ytre Sandviken, 5045 Bergen, Norway.
e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: geoRglm

Mauricio Mardones Inostroza
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: geoRglm

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021, MAURICIO MARDONES wrote:

> Thanks Roger
>
> I think this is way to install from the source right?

I would not trust that. Go to the authorised source after downloading the
source package tarball, do not use a GUI or RStudio if compiled code is
involved, as it is here (see
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-admin.html#Installing-packages).

From the command line, try R CMD INSTALL geoRglm_0.9-16.tar.gz. If on
Windows with RTools installed, this will work
(https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/). If on MacOS, work out
from https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/tools what you need to install
of compilers, etc., if not already installed.

Running R CMD INSTALL geoRglm_0.9-16.tar.gz will show what is missing.
Since you used a web search and reached an unhelpful page, maybe review
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#How-to-install-packages
and
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#Installation-of-source-packages
first.