focal analysis on raster

R-sig-geo mailing list
Hi everyone,

I am looking to estimate the number of pixels to quantify different
landuses around sampling points for different projects (bird diversity,
nests, predation rates on clay caterpillars, etc). Our base map is a
Landsat 7 map.

I can plot our sample points and plot the Landsat map (using raster) but
I'm not sure

1. How to overlay the sample points onto the Landsat map
2. How to do the focal analysis using the sample points as centers in
circular buffers of 200 and 1000 m radii

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey A. Stratford, PhD
Department of Biology and Health Sciences &
Director of Study Abroad
Office: Cohen Science Center 210
Address: 84 W South Street
Wilkes University, PA 18766 USA
https://sites.google.com/a/wilkes.edu/stratford/home
Blog https://wordpress.com/posts/concreteornithology.blog

Re: focal analysis on raster

Bede-Fazekas Ákos
Dear Jeff,
1. raster::extract(Raster*, SpatialPoints*)
2. raster::extract(Raster*, rgeos::gBuffer(SpatialPoints*, width, byid =
TRUE))
If your points are Simple Features, use sf::st_buffer(x, dist) instead
of rgeos::gBuffer().

HTH,
Ákos Bede-Fazekas
Hungarian Academy of Sciences