error rgdal library if used from within Grass plugin (Windows)

error rgdal library if used from within Grass plugin (Windows)

alobo
Hi!

The following error only occurs if the R (2.7.2) session is started
from a GRASS shell opened through the QGIS GRASS plugin in windows.
The error does not occur If R is started form its own icon
or by double click in the .RData  object,  but then the spgrass6
package would not find the GRASS environment.

It also works in linux.
The involved  commands  are:

1. Start  QGIS
2. Star GRASS plugin and open mapset
3.  Open Grass Shell
4.  Run R and execute require(spgrass6)

Any help appreciated.

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, Agustin Lobo wrote:

> Hi!
>
> The following error only occurs if the R (2.7.2) session is started
> from a GRASS shell opened through the QGIS GRASS plugin in windows.
> The error does not occur If R is started form its own icon
> or by double click in the .RData  object,  but then the spgrass6
> package would not find the GRASS environment.
>
> It also works in linux.
> The involved  commands  are:
>
> 1. Start  QGIS
> 2. Star GRASS plugin and open mapset
> 3.  Open Grass Shell
> 4.  Run R and execute require(spgrass6)

Which rgdal binary from where? This really is a question for osgeo4w,
which is bleeding edge at the moment. Are you using the early draft rgdal
binary built against a specific osgeo4w version and available from my
website? Can we settle this off-list until osgeo4w stabilises?

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no