dismo package : gbif function error

Ahmed El-Gabbas
Hello all,
I am having an unusual problem using gbif function of the dismo package.

When I am using this code: acaule = gbif("solanum", "acaule*", geo=FALSE)
this error appears: "
http://data.gbif.org/ws/rest/occurrence/count?scientificname=solanum+
Error in gbif("solanum", "", geo = FALSE) : invalid request"

It seems that this is a problem of accessing to the GBIF API not a problem
of dismo package itself. The website used by the gbif function to get the
records from the GBIF website "http://data.gbif.org/" is no longer usable
and gives this error when accessing it using regular browser "data.gbif.org
has now been decommissioned. Please use www.gbif.org for all data access "

Any suggestions,
Regards,
Ahmed

Re: dismo package : gbif function error

Robert Hijmans
The web-service that the function depends on has changed. It should
work with the development version of dismo (version 1.0-8). You should
be able to install it from R-Forge like this:

install.packages("dismo", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

Robert

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Ahmed El-Gabbas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am having an unusual problem using gbif function of the dismo package.
>
> When I am using this code: acaule = gbif("solanum", "acaule*", geo=FALSE)
> this error appears: "
> http://data.gbif.org/ws/rest/occurrence/count?scientificname=solanum+
> Error in gbif("solanum", "", geo = FALSE) : invalid request"
>
> It seems that this is a problem of accessing to the GBIF API not a problem
> of dismo package itself. The website used by the gbif function to get the
> records from the GBIF website "http://data.gbif.org/" is no longer usable
> and gives this error when accessing it using regular browser "data.gbif.org
> has now been decommissioned. Please use www.gbif.org for all data access "
>
> Any suggestions,
> Regards,
> Ahmed