a spatial data set recommendation, please

a spatial data set recommendation, please

Hodgess, Erin
Hello!

Could anyone recommend some good spatial data sets with one or two variables with 5000+ observations, please?

I've been looking, probably not in the right place. Just getting little sets.

Thanks,
Erin

Erin M. Hodgess
Associate Professor
University of Houston - Downtown
mailto: [hidden email]

Re: a spatial data set recommendation, please

Tomislav Hengl-5

Hi Erin,

I think you are looking for a point data set that is available under
some public access license? For which area: global? regional/national?
local?

One data set I like to use for geostatistical mapping is the National
Geochemical Survey database (http://mrdata.usgs.gov/geochem/) because it
is very consistent, multivariate and well documented. Another large
point data set under public access is the NCSS Soil Characterization
Database (http://ncsslabdatamart.sc.egov.usda.gov/), but these are only
USA-available of course.

For global data sets, I would look at for example at the daily meteo
data from Global Historical Climatology Network
(https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/data-access/land-based-station-data/land-based-datasets/global-historical-climatology-network-ghcn),
which I think is partially available via the meteo package
(http://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/meteo/versions/0.1-5).

Does it has to be inside a package? I've put in my GSIF package small
sample of the geochemical DB:
http://gsif.r-forge.r-project.org/geochm.html but it contains 'only'
2681 points :(

HTH

On 29-7-2016 6:00, Hodgess, Erin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Could anyone recommend some good spatial data sets with one or two variables with 5000+ observations, please?
>
> I've been looking, probably not in the right place. Just getting little sets.
>
> Thanks,
> Erin
>

> Erin M. Hodgess
> Associate Professor
> Department of Mathematics and Statistics
> University of Houston - Downtown
> mailto: [hidden email]

Re: a spatial data set recommendation, please

Tim Salabim
There is ggmap::crime with 80k+ observations. Again, these are point data

On 29.07.2016 06:00, Hodgess, Erin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Could anyone recommend some good spatial data sets with one or two variables with 5000+ observations, please?
>
> I've been looking, probably not in the right place. Just getting little sets.
>
> Thanks,
> Erin
>

> Erin M. Hodgess
> Associate Professor
> Department of Mathematics and Statistics
> University of Houston - Downtown
> mailto: [hidden email]

#####################################
Tim Appelhans
Department of Geography
Environmental Informatics
Philipps Universit├Ąt Marburg
Deutschhausstra├če 12
Raum 00A08
35032 Marburg (Paketpost: 35037 Marburg)
Germany

Tel +49 (0) 6421 28-25957

http://environmentalinformatics-marburg.de/