Quantcast

Where is your John Snow's map in "Analysing Spatial Data in R: Why spatial data in R?" available?

Where is your John Snow's map in "Analysing Spatial Data in R: Why spatial data in R?" available?

hi_ono2001
Hello.

 I found in your PDF file,
http://www.bias-project.org.uk/ASDARcourse/unit0_slides.pdf.

 In this document, you used interesting John Snow's
"Cholera" map.

Is this format ESRI's shapefile?

 Where is this file available?

Once I've created Snow's shapefile(available form this
site,
http://giswin.geo.tsukuba.ac.jp/teacher/murayama/sdam/download.html(sorry
in Japanese only)) from Dr. Tobler's original
data(http://www.ncgia.ucsb.edu/pubs/snow/snow.html) with
permission.

 Regards.

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Hisaji ONO wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I found in your PDF file,
> http://www.bias-project.org.uk/ASDARcourse/unit0_slides.pdf.
>
> In this document, you used interesting John Snow's
> "Cholera" map.
>
> Is this format ESRI's shapefile?
>
> Where is this file available?

A GRASS location, and a zip archive of a GeoTiff and several shapefiles
are on www.asdar-book.org/RC1 -> Data sets download -> Broad Street *

The accomanying code is in chapter 4, and the non-GRASS version is in the
Code download area for the chapter.

Acknowledgements to the sources of the data are given in the Data set
download entry.

Hope this helps,

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no

Roger Bivand
Economic Geography Section
Department of Economics
Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration