Wavelet analysis of anisotropy in point patterns

Wavelet analysis of anisotropy in point patterns

Domenico Giusti
Hi all,

I'm running wavelet analysis of anisotropy in point patterns using the
PASSaGE software by Rosenberg et al.

Rosenberg, M.S., and C.D. Anderson (2011) PASSaGE: Pattern Analysis,
Spatial Statistics and Geographic Exegesis. Version 2. Methods in
Ecology & Evolution 2(3):229-232.
http://www.passagesoftware.net

Rosenberg, M.S. 2004. Wavelet analysis for detecting anisotropy in point
patterns. Journal of Vegetation Science 15:277-284.
DOI: 10.1111/j.1654-1103.2004.tb02262.x

I wonder how I can do the same analysis using R.

Thanks,

Dome

--
Domenico Giusti <[hidden email]>
GPG keyID: 2048R/A3AB7054F6E5D778

Re: Wavelet analysis of anisotropy in point patterns

Marcelino de la Cruz Rot
Hi Domenico,

In spatstat you have several functions to detect anysotropy in point
patterns:
- the sector K-function, Ksector();
- the pair orientation distribution, pairorient();
- the anisotropic pair correlation function, Kmeasure().

See the help pages of these functios or, even better, consult pages
236:242 in  Adrian Baddeley, Ege Rubak, Rolf Turner (2015). Spatial
Point  Patterns: Methodology and Applications with R. London: Chapman
and   Hall/CRC Press, 2015.
http://www.crcpress.com/Spatial-Point-Patterns-Methodology-and-Applications-with-R/Baddeley-Rubak-Turner/9781482210200/

Cheers,

Marcelino

--
Marcelino de la Cruz Rot
Depto. de Biología y Geología

Re: Wavelet analysis of anisotropy in point patterns

Domenico Giusti
Thank you Marcelino,

I already had a look at those functions and, although they do the job, I
was wondering how to analyze anisotropy in point pattern using wavelet
analysis.

I tried to use the WaveletComp package, but with no success. It looks to
me that packages for wavelet analysis work fine with temporal data, but
I couldn't find the way to use it with spatial point patterns.

How could I get in R the same analysis provided by the PASSaGE software?

Thank you!

On 07/18/2017 06:17 PM, Marcelino de la Cruz Rot wrote:

> Hi Domenico,
>
> In spatstat you have several functions to detect anysotropy in point
> patterns:
> - the sector K-function, Ksector();
> - the pair orientation distribution, pairorient();
> - the anisotropic pair correlation function, Kmeasure().
>
> See the help pages of these functios or, even better, consult pages
> 236:242 in  Adrian Baddeley, Ege Rubak, Rolf Turner (2015). Spatial
> Point  Patterns: Methodology and Applications with R. London: Chapman
> and   Hall/CRC Press, 2015.
> http://www.crcpress.com/Spatial-Point-Patterns-Methodology-and-Applications-with-R/Baddeley-Rubak-Turner/9781482210200/
>

> Cheers,
>
> Marcelino
>
> El 18/07/2017 a las 16:30, Domenico Giusti escribió:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm running wavelet analysis of anisotropy in point patterns using
>> the PASSaGE software by Rosenberg et al.
>>
>> Rosenberg, M.S., and C.D. Anderson (2011) PASSaGE: Pattern Analysis,
>> Spatial Statistics and Geographic Exegesis. Version 2. Methods in
>> Ecology & Evolution 2(3):229-232.
>> http://www.passagesoftware.net
>>
>> Rosenberg, M.S. 2004. Wavelet analysis for detecting anisotropy in
>> point patterns. Journal of Vegetation Science 15:277-284.
>> DOI: 10.1111/j.1654-1103.2004.tb02262.x
>>
>> I wonder how I can do the same analysis using R.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dome

Re: Wavelet analysis of anisotropy in point patterns

Marcelino de la Cruz Rot
Hi Domenico,

AFAIK, you should build your own functions to get the same analysis
provided by the PASSaGE software. If you have some elementary R
programming skills, following the description of the analysis proposed
by Rosenberg(2004) shouldn't be much complicated. Otherwise...I don't know.

Good luck!

Marcelino