There is any R package that Artificial Neural Network for spatial interpolation?

There is any R package that Artificial Neural Network for spatial interpolation?

Abdelkrim Bouasria
Dear all,

I am working on a digital soil fertility mapping project, and I would like
to make a comparison between the method of interpolation by kriging and the
interpolation by artificial neural networks.  And I wonder if there is a
package in R that allows spatial interpolation with neural networks.

Best regards.

Re: There is any R package that Artificial Neural Network for spatial interpolation?

Jens Floeter
Hi Abdelkrim,

you may have a look into

Rammer W and Seidl R (2019) Harnessing Deep Learning in Ecology: An
Example Predicting Bark Beetle Outbreaks. Front. Plant Sci. 10:1327.
doi: 10.3389/fpls.2019.01327

They used the H2O platform (H2O.ai, 2017), which provides a set of fast
and scalable learning algorithms and is integrated within the R software
and environment.

However, I have not used it myself.

best wishes !
Jens