Subsample (and or aggregation) of spatio temporal data (by using spatio temporal grid)

Subsample (and or aggregation) of spatio temporal data (by using spatio temporal grid)

Bruno Sesti
Hi,
I would like to know of it exists some function or method to subsumple (by
which I mean define a spatio temporal or a general 3D grid and substitute
all data which fall in one grid cell (in this case one grid cube, with
defined dimensions), with a reference data from the ones which fall in the
cube itself or with their mean,...)
Is it be possible to do such process?
If yes, it could be useful use a spatio temporal or a general 3D grid or
also other methods can be used?

Kind regards.