Retrieving rasters from ESRI geodabase

Mirza Cengic
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a tool in R with which it is possible to load
rasters from ESRI geodatabase (file gdb).
I know a few years ago this was not really possible (to my knowledge), but
I'm wondering if there was something developed recently?

Thank you in advance for the replies,
Mirza.

Re: Retrieving rasters from ESRI geodabase

Nahm Lee
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/184013/read-a-table-from-an-esri-file-geodatabase-gdb-using-r

FYI

-Nahm Lee
I was wondering if there is a tool in R with which it is possible to load
rasters from ESRI geodatabase (file gdb).
I know a few years ago this was not really possible (to my knowledge), but
I'm wondering if there was something developed recently?

Thank you in advance for the replies,
Mirza.

Re: Retrieving rasters from ESRI geodabase

Mirza Cengic
Thanks Andrew and Nahm for the suggestions, but these links still only are
for reading feature classes and tables, I still cannot find any details for
rasters.

Mirza.

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Nahm Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/184013/read-a-table-
> from-an-esri-file-geodatabase-gdb-using-r
>
> FYI
>
> -Nahm Lee

*Mirza Čengić*

*Junior Researcher | Department of Environmental Science*
Radboud University | Heyendaalseweg 135
6525 AJ Nijmegen | The Netherlands

+31 657020823 | +38761908392
Skype: mirzacengic
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/mirzacengic>

Re: Retrieving rasters from ESRI geodabase

Richard Barnes
Mirza,
ESRI has not released an API to extract rasters from geodatabases.

However, building on work by Even Roualt and James Ramm, I've recently
released Arc Raster Rescue, a C++ program for extracting rasters from
ESRI geodatabases into GeoTIFF files. I imagine limited work would be
necessary to convert this into an R package either by wrapping the
command line calls or by converting the program into a library.

The code is available at: https://github.com/r-barnes/ArcRasterRescue

Best regards,
Richard