Recent highlights?

Frank Hardisty-2
Dear R-Geo List Members,

I'm going to the GIScience meeting in Maryland, USA next week and
giving a demonstration on combining spatial statistics in R with
geographic visualization in Java.

I've been using the spdep (for Moran's I), sp and spgwr packages (for
GWR), so I will mention those.

Are there any other advances in spatial analysis in R that someone
would like me to highlight or mention?

regards,
-Frank Hardisty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Frank Hardisty
Department of Geography
University of South Carolina
hardisty at sc.edu
Office -- 803-777-5729
Fax -- 803-777-4972
http://www.cla.sc.edu/geog/faculty/hardistf/

Recent highlights?

Edzer J. Pebesma
Frank,

you could get some inspiration from the pages Roger compiled: follow
R home page -> related links -> R spatial projects.

There's a number of packages that link R to GIS, and there are a whole
bunch of packages either dealing with point patterns or with geostatistical
data. One thing we're less active in is image analysis, or did I miss
something?

Best regards,
--
Edzer

Frank Hardisty wrote:

>Dear R-Geo List Members,
>
>I'm going to the GIScience meeting in Maryland, USA next week and
>giving a demonstration on combining spatial statistics in R with
>geographic visualization in Java.
>
>I've been using the spdep (for Moran's I), sp and spgwr packages (for
>GWR), so I will mention those.
>
>Are there any other advances in spatial analysis in R that someone
>would like me to highlight or mention?
>
>regards,
>-Frank Hardisty
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Frank Hardisty
>Department of Geography
>University of South Carolina
>hardisty at sc.edu
>Office -- 803-777-5729
>Fax -- 803-777-4972
>http://www.cla.sc.edu/geog/faculty/hardistf/

Recent highlights?

Markus Neteler ITC
On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 08:12:25AM +0200, Edzer J. Pebesma wrote:
> Frank,
>
> you could get some inspiration from the pages Roger compiled: follow
> R home page -> related links -> R spatial projects.
>
> There's a number of packages that link R to GIS, and there are a whole
> bunch of packages either dealing with point patterns or with geostatistical
> data. One thing we're less active in is image analysis, or did I miss
> something?

Edzer,

not sure if this is interesting, as only partially R based:

Here at ITC-irst we are doing multitemporal satellite image analysis
for epidemiology using GRASS and R (and PostgreSQL). Basically
time series of land surface temperatures from MODIS (Terra and Aqua),
which gives us 4 maps per day (!). The amount of data to process is
in the multi-GB range.

Something is here (working on the pages currently):
http://mpa.itc.it/rs/
       -> MODIS

So, yes, it works well with a high degree of automation.
But it is not a R package of course.

Best regards,

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it
ITC-irst -  Centro per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica