Re: Problems installing rgdal on ubuntu 18.04 from, ubuntu-unstable GDAL: 3.0.2 / PROJ version: 6.2.1

Re: Problems installing rgdal on ubuntu 18.04 from, ubuntu-unstable GDAL: 3.0.2 / PROJ version: 6.2.1

maurizio marchi
Hi, are you working on a fresh R system? This because some duplicated
files might occur when adding new repositories such as the
ubuntugis/unstable.
I suggest you to remove all the old installations linked with rgdal such
as gdal, qgis, GRASS, proj4, PROJ etc then I suggest to repeat the
installation. I also suggest you to use Ubuntu Cleaner to remove all the
files left by the uninstalling procedure into the system (configurations
etc.)

###---Ubuntu Cleaner
sudo apt install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gerardpuig/ppa
sudo apt update
sudo apt install ubuntu-cleaner

--
*Maurizio Marchi,
PhD Forest Science - Ecological Mathematics*