R-sig-Geo: Moran'I

cuartas oquendo carlos humberto
Hello:
For knearneigh(x, k=1)to calculate Moran'I

what's the best criteria for chosing the best k?

Thank you very much for your help

Carlos

R-sig-Geo: Moran'I

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, cuartas oquendo carlos humberto wrote:

> Hello:
> For knearneigh(x, k=1)to calculate Moran'I
>
> what's the best criteria for chosing the best k?

This will depend on your research problem, that is your assumptions about
the number of neighbours you think influence each other. I'm not sure that
any more is known about this, 1 and n are obviously special cases?

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no