Question about the anisotropy factor in the sum metric spatiotemporalcovariance gstat

Question about the anisotropy factor in the sum metric spatiotemporalcovariance gstat

sara osama
Dear all.
I have a question about the sum metric spatiotemporalcovariance function in
gstat. I need to understand the theoretical background and the meaning of
the anisotropy (Anis) in it.
If anyone can help me in this I will be deeply appreciated
Best regards
Sara

Re: Question about the anisotropy factor in the sum metric spatiotemporalcovariance gstat

Dr. Benedikt Gräler
Dear Sara,

the anisotropy in the metric spatio-temporal covariance models describes
how spatial distances relate to temporal distance (i.e. to answer the
question: At which temporal separation (x hours/days/weeks/...) do have
two locations 1 m/km/... apart the same correlation?). Every model that
includes the metric model has to have a spatio-temporal anisotropy
parameter. For more details, please refer to the vignette of gstat [1].

HTH,

  Ben

[1]
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/gstat/vignettes/spatio-temporal-kriging.pdf

On 02/10/2017 10:31, sara osama wrote:

> Dear all.
> I have a question about the sum metric spatiotemporalcovariance function in
> gstat. I need to understand the theoretical background and the meaning of
> the anisotropy (Anis) in it.
> If anyone can help me in this I will be deeply appreciated
> Best regards
> Sara

Dr. Benedikt Gräler
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
Martin-Luther-King-Weg 24
48155 Muenster, Germany

E-Mail: [hidden email]
Fon: +49-(0)-251/396371-39
Fax: +49-(0)-251/396371-11

http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN

General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849

b_graeler.vcf (458 bytes) Download Attachment