Point Pattern question

aestfd
Hi!

I have a conceptual question, can I use the Point Pattern model to find a
clustered region, but in each location it is more than one case?. What I
mean is to use attributes for the spatial locations.

Regards,
Ariel Fuentes

Re: Point Pattern question

aestfd
I want to study if there is a spatial clustering on fare evasion stops data
(as points) e.g. there are 9 evaders in stop "A" but in stop "B" are 20
evaders. So what I've read about point patterns is that considers the
location of an event only and not its attributes, so I was wondering if it
is possible to include an attribute as weight of a given location in the
study of spatial clustering. ¿Is the right approach or should I do
a geostatistical interpolation?

No, I haven't read that book but I did read the Applied Spatial Data
Analysis (https://asdar-book.org/)

Regards,
Ariel Fuentes

Le jeu. 26 déc. 2019 à 22:49, Frazier, Tyler <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi Ariel,
>
> I believe you are asking if it is possible to estimate a model with marks
> (different variable outcomes) as attributes to the points in your planar
> point pattern.  Last I read this was still under development, but not sure
> if I properly interpreted your question, or if it is currently possible.
>
> Have you read https://book.spatstat.org ?
>
> Best wishes,
> Tyler
>
> Tyler J. Frazier, Ph.D.
> *Lecturer of Interdisciplinary Studies*
> *Data Science Program*
> *College of William and Mary*
> *Webpage:* https://tyler-frazier.github.io
>

> On Dec 24, 2019, at 11:29 AM, Ariel Fuentesdi <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I have a conceptual question, can I use the Point Pattern model to find a
> clustered region, but in each location it is more than one case?. What I
> mean is to use attributes for the spatial locations.
>
> Regards,
> Ariel Fuentes

Re: Point Pattern question

You were advised to read the Spatstat book https://book.spatstat.org - that documents the package you are most likely to need. ASDAR simply shows that the sp data representations presented in the first part can be used for analysis - the second part is not a comprehensive guide to available methods, and indeed very much has been added since the book was designed 15 years ago.

Helleveien 30, 5045 Bergen, Norway