PPA ubuntugis-unstable update to Proj6/GDAL3 breaks SF / rgdal

PPA ubuntugis-unstable update to Proj6/GDAL3 breaks SF / rgdal

Edouard LEGOUPIL
Hi,

Has anyone found how to get sf/rgdal to work with the recent push on
ubuntugis-unstable PPA of the last version of Proj6 & Gdal3 ?

It seems that sf is looking for pcs.csv that is not here anymore in gdal3 -
configure: error: pcs.csv not found in GDAL data directory.
and rgdal looks for proj_def.dat wich does not exist anymore in proj6

Thanks,
Edouard

Re: PPA ubuntugis-unstable update to Proj6/GDAL3 breaks SF / rgdal

edzer
Yes, I had that too. It turned out that my distribution wouldn't update
gdal all the way due to all kind of dependencies, and kept it back at
some version, resulting in this error. After installing it manually with

sudo apt-get install gdal-dev

gdal3 got installed. gdal3 does not use pcs.csv.

On 12/12/19 5:58 AM, Edouard LEGOUPIL wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone found how to get sf/rgdal to work with the recent push on
> ubuntugis-unstable PPA of the last version of Proj6 & Gdal3 ?
>
> It seems that sf is looking for pcs.csv that is not here anymore in gdal3 -
> configure: error: pcs.csv not found in GDAL data directory.
> and rgdal looks for proj_def.dat wich does not exist anymore in proj6
>
> Thanks,
> Edouard

Institute for Geoinformatics
Heisenbergstrasse 2, 48151 Muenster, Germany
Phone: +49 251 8333081

pEpkey.asc (3K) Download Attachment