Open Source GIS conference

Barry Rowlingson
Any R people go to this?

http://www.omsug.ca/osgis2004/proceedings.html

"The second MapServer Users Meeting and the first ever Open Source GIS
Conference"

  Perhaps we'll send a deputation to the second Open Source GIS Conference.

Baz

Open Source GIS conference

Scott W Mitchell

Although R wasn't the focus, the demo I gave of GRASS at that
conference included the GRASS/R link... so there was some exposure.

Scott Mitchell
Department of Geography
Carleton University

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Baz wrote:

> Any R people go to this?
>
> http://www.omsug.ca/osgis2004/proceedings.html
>
> "The second MapServer Users Meeting and the first ever Open Source GIS
> Conference"
>
> Perhaps we'll send a deputation to the second Open Source GIS Conference.
>
> Baz

maptools use GDAL in stead of shapelib

hi_ono2001
Hi.

 GDAL will support GEOS.

I think GEOS's capability is very useful for calculating spatial weight
matrices.

 And its other functions are also usefule for spatial analysis.

 maptools has any plan to support GEOS in stead of shapelib.

 Regards.