New package: DCluster

Virgilio Gómez Rubio
Dear R users,

I am glad to announce the release of a new package for R: DCluster. It
implements a number of methods for the detection of clusters of disease.
It includes methods to test Poisson extra-variation (Chi-square test and
Potthoff-Whittinghill's test), Spatial Autocorrelation (Moran's I and
Geary's c), general clustering (Whittermore's statistic and Tango's
statistic), scan methods (Openshaw's GAM, Besag & Newell's methods and
Kulldorff & Nagarwalla's statistic) and a focused test (Stone's Test).

Bootstrap is used to estimate significance and a number of models are
proposed to simulate data: permutations and Poisson, Multinomial or Neg.
Binomial distributions.

I hope the package will be useful to epidemiologists and statisticians
involved in spatial epidemiological studies. As usual, feedback and
comments are welcome. Our hope is to improve the package, so suggestions
about new methods to be added are of interest.

With best regards,

--
             Virgilio G?mez Rubio

Grup d'Estad?stica espacial i temporal
en Epidemiologia i medi ambient

Dpto. Estad?stica e I. O. - Facultat de Matem?tiques
Avda. Vicent A. Estell?s, 1 - 46100 Burjassot
Valencia - SPAIN

http://matheron.uv.es/~virgil

TLF: 00 34 96 354 43 62 - FAX: 00 34 96 354 47 35