Maptools package

Jesse Berman
Hi all,

I've loaded the new version of R 3.0.0 and it seems the package 'maptools' is not available on the mirrors.  It's not urgent, but I'm curious if anyone knows when it might become available?  Thanks.

Regards,
Jesse
Jesse D Berman, PhD
Yale University
School of Forestry and Environmental Studies
Post-Doc Fellow

Re: Maptools package

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013, Jesse Berman wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've loaded the new version of R 3.0.0 and it seems the package 'maptools'
> is not available on the mirrors.  It's not urgent, but I'm curious if anyone
> knows when it might become available?  Thanks.

This only applies to OSX for 3.0.0, 2.15.* appear still to be supported.
The issue seems to be the absence of rgeos, which is suggested by
maptools. There are also issues for OSX wrt. rgdal. This suggests that OSX
users should stay on 2.15.* until things calm down. I released new sp,
rgeos, and rgdal to suit an OSX transition from gcc to clang a few days
ago, so probably OSX will catch up in a number of days.

Hope this clarifies,

Roger

> Regards,
> Jesse

voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 95 43
e-mail: [hidden email]