Making a leaflet visualization, using 2 shapefiles

Making a leaflet visualization, using 2 shapefiles

Ashim Kapoor
Dear all,

Here is what I want to do. I have regions in a country and subregions
within those regions. I need to make a leaflet visualization so that when I
hover over a point in the map, 2 things should happen :

1. The entire region boundary should be highlighted.
2. The tooltip should show the name of the subregion and the region.

I have 2 shapefiles,one for region and one for subregion. I can use one at
a time but requirements need inputs from both the shapefiles.

I asked this query,along with a minimal working example here :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48924514/using-data-from-2-shapefiles-with-leaflet-in-r?noredirect=1#comment84855712_48924514

I did not receive any replies  so I am asking this query once again here.

Best Regards,
Ashim.

Re: Making a leaflet visualization, using 2 shapefiles

David Hine

Hi Ashim

This is really a leaflet question. You can explore options at the leaflet website: http://leafletjs.com/plugins.html#markers--renderers

A capable javascript developer could help you solve the problem. There are probably several strategies. This one might be a start: https://github.com/jacobtoye/Leaflet.iconlabel

regards

David

On 9/03/2018 9:30 PM, Ashim Kapoor wrote:
Dear all,

Here is what I want to do. I have regions in a country and subregions
within those regions. I need to make a leaflet visualization so that when I
hover over a point in the map, 2 things should happen :

1. The entire region boundary should be highlighted.
2. The tooltip should show the name of the subregion and the region.

I have 2 shapefiles,one for region and one for subregion. I can use one at
a time but requirements need inputs from both the shapefiles.

I asked this query,along with a minimal working example here :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48924514/using-data-from-2-shapefiles-with-leaflet-in-r?noredirect=1#comment84855712_48924514

I did not receive any replies  so I am asking this query once again here.

Best Regards,
Ashim.

Land and Water Management logo

David Hine
Land and Water Management PL
29 Pacific Pde
Mission Beach, Qld 4852
Australia

m: 0429 886 146 +61 429 886 146
t: (07) 4015 3470 +61 7 4015 3470

Land and Water Management PL

Re: Making a leaflet visualization, using 2 shapefiles

Ashim Kapoor
Dear David,

Many thanks for your reply. Alright, I will take this discussion forward on
a leaflet discussion forum.

Best Regards,
Ashim