Leaflet and R - web map

Jaya Krishnan
HI,

I've been trying to make an interactive web map using leaflet package in R.
Just have a couple of issues.
1. Is it possible to get a popup on hover (mouseover) instead of the
default click?
2. Is it possible to remove the zoom button?
3. If not in R, is it possible to do the above in the output html?

Thanks!

Jaya

Re: Leaflet and R - web map

Bacou, Melanie
Jaya,
Have a look through the `leaflet` and `tmap` package documentation.
There are examples there.
--Mel.

On 8/29/2016 7:51 PM, Jaya Krishnan wrote:

> HI,
>
> I've been trying to make an interactive web map using leaflet package in R.
> Just have a couple of issues.
> 1. Is it possible to get a popup on hover (mouseover) instead of the
> default click?
> 2. Is it possible to remove the zoom button?
> 3. If not in R, is it possible to do the above in the output html?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jaya
>
> ​

Re: Leaflet and R - web map

Tim Salabim

On 30.08.2016 01:51, Jaya Krishnan wrote:
> HI,
>
> I've been trying to make an interactive web map using leaflet package in R.
> Just have a couple of issues.
> 1. Is it possible to get a popup on hover (mouseover) instead of the
> default click?
Nope, not with the current implementation of leaflet. The only thing you
can get on hover are labels (which are just a character vector, so if
your desired popup is only a word or two this could be an option)
> 2. Is it possible to remove the zoom button?
Nope, not with the current implementation of leaflet
> 3. If not in R, is it possible to do the above in the output html?
I am not sure about the html output file, but I am sure there are ways
to achieve what you want with some additional JavaScript. The best place
to ask such a question would be StackOverflow. Many more htmlwidgets
people lurk around there than they do on this mailing list.

HTH
Tim

> Thanks!
>
> Jaya
>
> ​

#####################################
Tim Appelhans
Department of Geography
Environmental Informatics
Philipps Universität Marburg
Deutschhausstraße 12
Raum 00A08
35032 Marburg (Paketpost: 35037 Marburg)
Germany

Tel +49 (0) 6421 28-25957

http://environmentalinformatics-marburg.de/