Kriging prediction variances on gstat

carlo
Hi all,

I would like to know how the kriging variance is computed by gstat, because on my analysis I need to use a cell-specific covariate depended scale parameter rather than a unique one.
If the overall scale of the origins variance is fixed by the sill of the theoretical variogram model used to make the interpolation I can divide the estimated kriging variance by it and then multiply by the cell specific value, but I wanted to make sure that the sill value (partial sill + nugget) is used.

Thank you
Carlo

Re: Kriging prediction variances on gstat

edzer
citation("gstat")

points you to the literature.

On 21/06/17 10:16, Carlo Cavalieri wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know how the kriging variance is computed by gstat, because on my analysis I need to use a cell-specific covariate depended scale parameter rather than a unique one.
> If the overall scale of the origins variance is fixed by the sill of the theoretical variogram model used to make the interpolation I can divide the estimated kriging variance by it and then multiply by the cell specific value, but I wanted to make sure that the sill value (partial sill + nugget) is used.
>
> Thank you
> Carlo

Institute for Geoinformatics  (ifgi),  University of Münster
Heisenbergstraße 2, 48149 Münster, Germany; +49 251 83 33081
Journal of Statistical Software:   http://www.jstatsoft.org/
Computers & Geosciences:   http://elsevier.com/locate/cageo/

Re: Kriging prediction variances on gstat

carlo
Thanks!