It's possible delimit a shapefile very extent using R?

It's possible delimit a shapefile very extent using R?

Geomar Perales
Hi

I need ideas for see if is possible delimit a shapefile very extent using R or maybe any other language (I add a image of the shape).

thank for your time
Geomar

image.png

Re: It's possible delimit a shapefile very extent using R?

geobernadotte

Hi Geomar,

it's completely unclear for me from your one-liner what you want to do and what your problem is.

Cheers,
Bernd

On Sat, 9 Nov 2019, Bernd Vogelgesang wrote:

> Hi Geomar,
>
> it's completely unclear for me from your one-liner what you want to do
> and what your problem is.
>
> Cheers,
> Bernd

Thanks for trying to understand the post. My best guess was that in the
external utility, you can use ogr2ogr with an SQL-style select. readOGR()
cannot do this, but I think sf::st_read() may be able to do this through
the query= argument. I cannot see any good examples, though.

Roger

> Am 07.11.19 um 16:55 schrieb Geomar Perales:
>>  Hi
>>
>>  I need ideas for see if is possible delimit a shapefile very extent
>>  using R or maybe any other language (I add a image of the shape).
>>
>>  thank for your time
>>  Geomar
>>
>>  image.png

Re: It's possible delimit a shapefile very extent using R?

geobernadotte
Hi Roger,

... and I also do not understand your answer.
Think I better stay out of this ;)

Bernd