Google Earth Engine?

Andy Bunn-3
Does anybody out there interface with the google earth engine from R? I'm too old a dog to learn python. -Andy

Re: Google Earth Engine?

Barry Rowlingson
On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 11:34 PM, Andy Bunn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anybody out there interface with the google earth engine from R? I'm too old a dog to learn python. -Andy

Too old? Never! See: https://www.xkcd.com/353/

Given that the other supported option is Javascript....

I suspect a solution using one of the R-Python interfaces
("reticulate" perhaps) might be the best solution, but you still might
have to learn python to construct the analysis jobs.

Barry

Re: Google Earth Engine?

Andy Bunn-3

On 5/26/17, 4:02 PM, "[hidden email] on behalf of Barry
Rowlingson" <[hidden email] on behalf of
[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 11:34 PM, Andy Bunn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does anybody out there interface with the google earth engine from R?
>>I'm too old a dog to learn python. -Andy
>
>Too old? Never! See: https://www.xkcd.com/353/

Perfect! I had forgotten that one. Well, I think I might have found a new
project. The GEE seems like the perfect tool for Landsat products. Thanks,