Generating a regular point pattern

Vero
Dear all,

I need to generate a regular point pattern on a square-shaped grid. Can anyone tell me of an easy way to do this?

Thank you,
Vero

Re: Generating a regular point pattern

Sarah Goslee
Lacking any actual information on your problem, what about:
expand.grid(x=1:10, y=1:10)
modified as appropriate?

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org

Re: Generating a regular point pattern

Marcelino de la Cruz
If, instead of a grid, you mean a real point pattern (from a point
pattern process) you may try several functions in spatstat.

For example,
library(spatstat)
rSSI(r=0.5, n=15, win = owin(c(0,10),c(0,10)))

generates  following a realisation (15 points) of the Simple Sequential
Inhibition (SSI) process with  inhibition radius of 0.5 (m) in a window
of 10 x 10 (m)

Other appropriate functions are rMatern and rStrauss

Cheers,
Marcelino

Con fecha 28/7/2011, "Sarah Goslee" <[hidden email]> escribió:

>Lacking any actual information on your problem, what about:
>expand.grid(x=1:10, y=1:10)
>modified as appropriate?
>
>On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Vero <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I need to generate a regular point pattern on a square-shaped grid. Can
>> anyone tell me of an easy way to do this?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Vero
>

>--
>Sarah Goslee
>http://www.functionaldiversity.org

Re: Generating a regular point pattern

glionel

Dear Vero,
Please find this script below. This is to generate an uniform point pattern in

library(splancs)
library(spatstat)
n=100
pf<-runifpoint(n, win=owin(c(0,1),c(0,1)), giveup=1000)
plot(pf)