Fwd: Re: spplot help, please

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: Re: spplot help, please

Bede-Fazekas Ákos
E-mail of Marvin Sharva, accidentally addressed only to me, is forwarded
below.
Ákos


-------- Továbbított üzenet --------
Tárgy: Re: [R-sig-Geo] spplot help, please
Dátum: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 13:57:04 +0000 (UTC)
Feladó: Marvin Sharma <[hidden email]>
Válaszcím: Marvin Sharma <[hidden email]>
Címzett: Bede-Fazekas Ákos <[hidden email]>



Dear Bede-Fazekas, Edzer, and Florian, and the list,

The following code produces the plot without the state map of georgia. I
got some help from the old thread answered few years ago, but could not 
   match the state names and counties names, see code below.

library(spgwr)
library(spdep)
library(maps)
library(maptools)
data<-read.csv("C:/Users/md_sh/Desktop/try.csv",header=TRUE)
map = SpatialPointsDataFrame(data=data,
coords=cbind(data$Longitude,data$Latitude))
GA.adapt.gauss <- gwr.sel(y~x,data=map,adapt=TRUE)
res.adpt <- gwr(y~x,data=map,adapt=GA.adapt.gauss)
res.adpt$SDF$ols.e <- residuals(lm(y~x,data=map))
spplot(res.adpt$SDF, c("ols.e", "gwr.e"),main="Residuals from OLS and GWR")
#This provides plot without the state map! sorry!
GA <- map("county", "georgia", plot=FALSE, fill=TRUE)
cntys <- tolower(as.character(data$county))
GA$names <- substring(GA$names, 14, nchar(GA$names))
match(cntys, GA$names)##It does not match!

Thanks much,
Marvin



On Saturday, October 21, 2017 9:39 AM, Marvin Sharma
<[hidden email]> wrote:


Hello Bede-Fazekas,
This code provides the residuals, and residual plot without the state
map I want the residuals withing the Georgia state map.

Could you see where I need to make change?

Marvin


On Saturday, October 21, 2017 1:53 AM, Bede-Fazekas Ákos
<[hidden email]> wrote:


Hi Marvin,

this code works fine just as it should work. Which "state map" you need?
A basemap with terrain/roads/cities/borders? In this case there are
several possibilities to do that. Have a look at these links, they may
solve your problem:
https://pakillo.github.io/R-GIS-tutorial/#gmap
http://www.nickeubank.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/RGIS3_MakingMaps_part1_mappingVectorData.html 

(Section "4.2 Basemaps with spplot")

HTH,
Ákos Bede-Fazekas
Hungarian Academy of Sciences


2017.10.21. 3:29 keltezéssel, Marvin Sharma via R-sig-Geo írta:
 > Hi,
 > I wanted to plot the spplot of my model residuals. The plot works
 > fine, but the state map does not appear. Code is given below and the
 > data are attached. I would greatly appreciate any help in this.
 >
 > Marvin
 >
 >
 > library(spgwr)
 > library(spdep)
 > library(maps)
 > library(maptools)
 > data<-read.csv("try.csv",header=TRUE)
 > coords=cbind(data$Longitude,data$Latitude)
 > g.adapt.gauss <- gwr.sel(y~x, data,coords,adapt=TRUE)
 > res.adpt <- gwr(y~x, data,coords, adapt=g.adapt.gauss)
 > brks <- c(-0.25, 0, 0.01, 0.025, 0.075)
 > cols <- grey(5:2/6)
 > res.adpt$SDF$ols.e <- residuals(lm(y~x, data))
 > spplot(res.adpt$SDF, c("ols.e","gwr.e"),main="Residuals")
 >
 >
 >
 > _______________________________________________
 > R-sig-Geo mailing list
 > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
 > https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-geo


     [[alternative HTML version deleted]]


_______________________________________________
R-sig-Geo mailing list
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-geo





        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

_______________________________________________
R-sig-Geo mailing list
[hidden email]
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-geo
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: spplot help, please

Bede-Fazekas Ákos
Dear Marvin,
second argument of substring() is wrong. Change it from 14 to 9:
> GA$names <- substring(GA$names, 9, nchar(GA$names))
> match(cntys, GA$names)
  [1]   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17
18
 [19]  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35
36
 [37]  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  NA  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53
54
 [55]  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71
72
 [73]  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89
90
 [91]  91  92  93  96  97  98  94  95  99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107
108
[109] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125
126
[127] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143
144
[145] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159

HTH,
Ákos Bede-Fazekas

2017-10-22 11:01 GMT+02:00 Bede-Fazekas Ákos <[hidden email]>:

> E-mail of Marvin Sharva, accidentally addressed only to me, is forwarded
> below.
> Ákos
>
>
> -------- Továbbított üzenet --------
> Tárgy: Re: [R-sig-Geo] spplot help, please
> Dátum: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 13:57:04 +0000 (UTC)
> Feladó: Marvin Sharma <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
> Válaszcím: Marvin Sharma <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
> Címzett: Bede-Fazekas Ákos <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
>
> Dear Bede-Fazekas, Edzer, and Florian, and the list,
>
> The following code produces the plot without the state map of georgia. I
> got some help from the old thread answered few years ago, but could not
> match the state names and counties names, see code below.
>
> library(spgwr)
> library(spdep)
> library(maps)
> library(maptools)
> data<-read.csv("C:/Users/md_sh/Desktop/try.csv",header=TRUE)
> map = SpatialPointsDataFrame(data=data, coords=cbind(data$Longitude,
> data$Latitude))
> GA.adapt.gauss <- gwr.sel(y~x,data=map,adapt=TRUE)
> res.adpt <- gwr(y~x,data=map,adapt=GA.adapt.gauss)
> res.adpt$SDF$ols.e <- residuals(lm(y~x,data=map))
> spplot(res.adpt$SDF, c("ols.e", "gwr.e"),main="Residuals from OLS and GWR")
> #This provides plot without the state map! sorry!
> GA <- map("county", "georgia", plot=FALSE, fill=TRUE)
> cntys <- tolower(as.character(data$county))
> GA$names <- substring(GA$names, 14, nchar(GA$names))
> match(cntys, GA$names)##It does not match!
>
> Thanks much,
> Marvin
>
>
>
> On Saturday, October 21, 2017 9:39 AM, Marvin Sharma
> <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> Hello Bede-Fazekas,
> This code provides the residuals, and residual plot without the state map
> I want the residuals withing the Georgia state map.
>
> Could you see where I need to make change?
>
> Marvin
>
>
> On Saturday, October 21, 2017 1:53 AM, Bede-Fazekas Ákos
> <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> Hi Marvin,
>
> this code works fine just as it should work. Which "state map" you need?
> A basemap with terrain/roads/cities/borders? In this case there are
> several possibilities to do that. Have a look at these links, they may
> solve your problem:
> https://pakillo.github.io/R-GIS-tutorial/#gmap
> http://www.nickeubank.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/RGIS3_
> MakingMaps_part1_mappingVectorData.html
> (Section "4.2 Basemaps with spplot")
>
> HTH,
> Ákos Bede-Fazekas
> Hungarian Academy of Sciences
>
>
> 2017.10.21. 3:29 keltezéssel, Marvin Sharma via R-sig-Geo írta:
> > Hi,
> > I wanted to plot the spplot of my model residuals. The plot works
> > fine, but the state map does not appear. Code is given below and the
> > data are attached. I would greatly appreciate any help in this.
> >
> > Marvin
> >
> >
> > library(spgwr)
> > library(spdep)
> > library(maps)
> > library(maptools)
> > data<-read.csv("try.csv",header=TRUE)
> > coords=cbind(data$Longitude,data$Latitude)
> > g.adapt.gauss <- gwr.sel(y~x, data,coords,adapt=TRUE)
> > res.adpt <- gwr(y~x, data,coords, adapt=g.adapt.gauss)
> > brks <- c(-0.25, 0, 0.01, 0.025, 0.075)
> > cols <- grey(5:2/6)
> > res.adpt$SDF$ols.e <- residuals(lm(y~x, data))
> > spplot(res.adpt$SDF, c("ols.e","gwr.e"),main="Residuals")
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > R-sig-Geo mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-geo
>
>
>     [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> R-sig-Geo mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-geo
>
>
>
>
>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

_______________________________________________
R-sig-Geo mailing list
[hidden email]
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-geo