Estimate of the intensity of a point process, as a function of a marked point process as covariate.

Estimate of the intensity of a point process, as a function of a marked point process as covariate.

R-sig-geo mailing list
Dear R Sig Geo Members,

     I've like to know if there are any function in any package for
estimation density in a marked point process (e.g. geographic position
and size of ants nests in square meters). My goal will be represents the
density of ants nest estimated, but use nests sizes as covariate, this
is possible?

Thanks in advanced,

Alexandre

Alexandre dos Santos
Proteção Florestal
IFMT - Instituto Federal de Educação, Ciência e Tecnologia de Mato Grosso
Campus Cáceres
Caixa Postal 244
Avenida dos Ramires, s/n
Bairro: Distrito Industrial
Cáceres - MT                      CEP: 78.200-000
Fone: (+55) 65 99686-6970 (VIVO) (+55) 65 3221-2674 (FIXO)

         [hidden email]
Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/1360403201088680
OrcID: orcid.org/0000-0001-8232-6722
Researchgate: www.researchgate.net/profile/Alexandre_Santos10
LinkedIn: br.linkedin.com/in/alexandre-dos-santos-87961635
Mendeley:www.mendeley.com/profiles/alexandre-dos-santos6/

Re: [FORGED] Estimate of the intensity of a point process, as a function of a marked point process as covariate.

Rolf Turner

On 01/04/18 09:36, ASANTOS via R-sig-Geo wrote:

> Dear R Sig Geo Members,
>
>      I've like to know if there are any function in any package for
> estimation density in a marked point process (e.g. geographic position
> and size of ants nests in square meters). My goal will be represents the
> density of ants nest estimated, but use nests sizes as covariate, this
> is possible?

The Smooth.ppp() function in the spatstat package might be what you are
looking for.

Using nest sizes as a *covariate* does not make sense to me.  A
covariate should be defined at all points of the observation window, not
just at the points of the observed pattern.

See

   Adrian Baddeley, Ege Rubak, Rolf Turner (2015). Spatial Point
   Patterns: Methodology and Applications with R. London: Chapman and
   Hall/CRC Press, 2015. URL

http://www.crcpress.com/Spatial-Point-Patterns-Methodology-and-Applications-with-R/Baddeley-Rubak-Turner/9781482210200/

particularly section 5.6.4, pages 147, 148.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Technical Editor ANZJS
Department of Statistics

Re: [FORGED] Estimate of the intensity of a point process, as a function of a marked point process as covariate.

R-sig-geo mailing list
Thanks a lot Dr. Turner, I will read it.

Best wishes,