Error in rgrass7 ... no stars support yet

Error in rgrass7 ... no stars support yet

Jackson Rodrigues
Dear all,

I am trying to work with grass in R but I got the following error:

Error in rgrass7::writeRAST(raster_image, "raster_image", flags =
c("overwrite")) : no stars support yet

Could anyone give me a support on this issue?

I have searched for it elsewhere but no answer found so far.

Reproducible exemple below from Rbloggers

#####################
library(raster)

raster_image <- raster::raster(system.file("external/test.grd", package =
"raster"))
raster_image <- as(raster_image, "SpatialGridDataFrame")
plot(raster_image)

loc <- rgrass7::initGRASS("C:/Program Files/GRASS GIS 7.4.4", home =
tempdir(), override = TRUE)

rgrass7::writeRAST(raster_image, "raster_image", flags = c("overwrite"))
#Error in rgrass7::writeRAST(raster_image, "raster_image", flags =
c("overwrite")) :
#no stars support yet

Best regards,

Jackson