Drawing World map divided into 6 economic regions

Drawing World map divided into 6 economic regions

Christofer Bogaso
Hi,

I previously posted this in General R forum, however experts there
suggested to post in this forum.

Below is the description of my issue :

I am trying to draw a World map which is divided into 6 Economic
regions as available in below link

http://www.worldbank.org/en/about/annual-report/regions

I am aware of various R ways to draw World map based on Countries like
one available in

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24136868/plot-map-with-values-for-countries-as-color-in-r

However I do not want to put any individual Country boundaries,
instead the individual boundaries of 6 Economic regions in the World.

Can you please suggest how can I achieve such a World map. Any pointer
will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Drawing World map divided into 6 economic regions

Alex Mandel-2
On 05/12/2017 12:36 PM, Christofer Bogaso wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I previously posted this in General R forum, however experts there
> suggested to post in this forum.
>
> Below is the description of my issue :
>
> I am trying to draw a World map which is divided into 6 Economic
> regions as available in below link
>
> http://www.worldbank.org/en/about/annual-report/regions
>
> I am aware of various R ways to draw World map based on Countries like
> one available in
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24136868/plot-map-with-values-for-countries-as-color-in-r
>
> However I do not want to put any individual Country boundaries,
> instead the individual boundaries of 6 Economic regions in the World.
>
> Can you please suggest how can I achieve such a World map. Any pointer
> will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks for your time.

You need a column in your data that indicates the economic zone, then
you aggregate (aka dissolve in other GIS systems)*.

* The raster package has this function.

I usually use http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/ for world scale
maps. It has a column with the UN defined regions.

Enjoy,
Alex