Correlation between a nominal and a continious rasters

Correlation between a nominal and a continious rasters

Iman Momeni
ā€‹

Hi all

I need to find how much two *raster* variables are correlated. One of these
variables is categorical (*nominal* such as land-cover) and the other one
is *continuous*.

I also need to do the same analysis for a *Binary raster layer* (0,1)
and a *continuous
raster layer*.  Could you please give me some bits of advice about the best
methods in this regard in R?

Excuse me if you find my question so elementary because Iā€™m new in R.

Best regards

Iman