Correlation between Raster Files

R-sig-geo mailing list
Hi Everyone,
I am a newbie is spatial statistics (but I know some R)  and I apologize if my question has been posted before.
I live in Kenya and I have a set of raster files (matrices) containing some spatial data (for instance :yearly precipitation per square degree) and this data changes with every year.
So I would like to find the correlation between these (raster files) matrices. These matrices are rather small (200X400) and each element.
Thank you.
Any suggestion is welcome!
David