Calculating spatial autocorrelation (Moran's I) when have zero-inflated data?

Calculating spatial autocorrelation (Moran's I) when have zero-inflated data?

Laura S
Dear all:

I was wondering if you have suggestions on how to analyze the spatial
autocorrelation of tree abundance in a grid of contiguous quadrats given
that the data set follows a zero inflated distribution, i.e., in many
quadrats the abundance of a species is zero.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Laura

***<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304380009000271#aff2>
*
--
" Genius is the summed production of the many with the names of the few
attached for easy recall, unfairly so to other scientists"

- E. O. Wilson (The Diversity of Life)

Re: Calculating spatial autocorrelation (Moran's I) when have zero-inflated data?

Christian Levers
As far as I know that would be the Join Counts statistics.

-->
http://www.spatialanalysisonline.com/output/html/SpatialAutocorrelation.html

Cheers, Christian

--
MSc Geogr. Christian Levers
Research Assistant | PhD Student

Geomatics Lab | Geography Department | Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin

eMail:  [hidden email]
phone:  +49 (0) 30 2093 9341
fax:    +49 (0) 30 2093 6848
mail:   Unter den Linden 6 | 10099 Berlin | Germany
web:    www.hu-geomatics.de

Re: Calculating spatial autocorrelation (Moran's I) when have zero-inflated data?

Rich Shepard
On Sun, 25 Sep 2011, Laura S wrote:

> I was wondering if you have suggestions on how to analyze the spatial
> autocorrelation of tree abundance in a grid of contiguous quadrats given
> that the data set follows a zero inflated distribution, i.e., in many
> quadrats the abundance of a species is zero.

Laura,

   Read Section 8.4 (and the rest of their book while you're at it) in
"Applied Spatial Data Analysis with R" by Roger S. Bivant, Edzer J. Pebesma,
and Virgilio Gomez-Rubio.

Rich