Book: “Spatio-Temporal Statistics with R,” by Christopher K. Wikle, Andrew Zammit-Mangion, and Noel Cressie

Book: “Spatio-Temporal Statistics with R,” by Christopher K. Wikle, Andrew Zammit-Mangion, and Noel Cressie

andrewzm
Wikle, Zammit-Mangion, and Cressie (2019) is a recently published Chapman & Hall/CRC book: "Spatio-Temporal Statistics with R.� The book is a blend of theory and hands-on Labs in R, which show how to visualize and model spatio-temporal data, as well as diagnose model predictions.

The book is available as a free downloadable PDF at  https://spacetimewithr.org. This website also gives information on how to install the accompanying R package �STRbook� that contains helper functions for use in the Labs, and a discount code for the hardcover version.

Christopher K. Wikle
Andrew Zammit-Mangion
Noel Cressie

NOTICE: This email is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Re: Book: “Spatio-Temporal Statistics with R,” by Christopher K. Wikle, Andrew Zammit-Mangion, and Noel Cressie

Erin Hodgess
This looks totally awesome!  Will check it out right away!

Sincerely,
Erin

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 2:20 PM Andrew Zammit Mangion <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wikle, Zammit-Mangion, and Cressie (2019) is a recently published Chapman
> & Hall/CRC book: "Spatio-Temporal Statistics with R.” The book is a blend
> of theory and hands-on Labs in R, which show how to visualize and model
> spatio-temporal data, as well as diagnose model predictions.
>
> The book is available as a free downloadable PDF at
> https://spacetimewithr.org. This website also gives information on how to
> install the accompanying R package “STRbook” that contains helper functions
> for use in the Labs, and a discount code for the hardcover version.
>
> Christopher K. Wikle
> Andrew Zammit-Mangion
> Noel Cressie
>
> NOTICE: This email is intended for the addressee named and may contain
> confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> delete it and notify the sender. Please consider the environment before
> printing this email.

Erin Hodgess, PhD
mailto: [hidden email]

Re: Book: “Spatio-Temporal Statistics with R,” by Christopher K. Wikle, Andrew Zammit-Mangion, and Noel Cressie

Rich Shepard
On Tue, 5 Feb 2019, Andrew Zammit Mangion wrote:

> The book is available as a free downloadable PDF at
> https://spacetimewithr.org. This website also gives information on how to
> install the accompanying R package ?STRbook? that contains helper
> functions for use in the Labs, and a discount code for the hardcover
> version.

Christopher, Andrew, and Noel:

Thank you all very much for the ability to download the book as a PDF file.
When a project budget allows I'll also buy a dead tree version so I can read
it everywhere.

Best regards,

Rich

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019, Rich Shepard wrote:

> When a project budget allows I'll also buy a dead tree version so I can read
> it everywhere.

Well! The discounted price was too compelling so I ordered a copy and it
will be here by the end of the month.

Regards,

Rich

Re: Book: “Spatio-Temporal Statistics with R,” by Christopher K. Wikle, Andrew Zammit-Mangion, and Noel Cressie

Erin Hodgess
I got mine last night too!

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 3:00 PM Rich Shepard <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2019, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> > When a project budget allows I'll also buy a dead tree version so I can
> read
> > it everywhere.
>
> Well! The discounted price was too compelling so I ordered a copy and it
> will be here by the end of the month.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich

Erin Hodgess, PhD