Best resource for help compiling Gdal

R-sig-geo mailing list
Hi Folks,

Looking through the archives of this list, it looks like this isn’t the best place for troubleshooting build/make issues compiling gdal 3.1.0 in Linux.

Can someone please direct me to the best place for assistance with that? I’ve built it successfully previously on the same server without problems...

Specifically I’m getting the following error in in the “make” step, and Googling errors like this doesn’t come up with many helpful results:

make[1]: *** [GNUmakefile:99: gdalserver] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/admin/gdal-3.1.0/apps'
make: *** [GNUmakefile:114: apps-target] Error 2

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Re: Best resource for help compiling Gdal

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020, Doug Niven via R-sig-Geo wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Looking through the archives of this list, it looks like this isn’t the
> best place for troubleshooting build/make issues compiling gdal 3.1.0 in
> Linux.
>
> Can someone please direct me to the best place for assistance with that?
> I’ve built it successfully previously on the same server without
> problems...
>
> Specifically I’m getting the following error in in the “make” step, and
> Googling errors like this doesn’t come up with many helpful results:
>
> make[1]: *** [GNUmakefile:99: gdalserver] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/admin/gdal-3.1.0/apps'
> make: *** [GNUmakefile:114: apps-target] Error 2
The previous configure step should show where your expectations were not
met, although apps is quite late, and suggests that the libraries got
built. Maybe try the GDAL list, or an OS-specific list, as Linux is very
broad?

Roger